1. Stop at the Accident Scene.

You should not drive away from the scene of an accident unless you are not safe at the accident scene. Pull to the side of the road so that you are safe. You must stay until you have given your name and address to a police officer or to the other driver and exchanged insurance information.

2. Get Help for the Injured.

Call 911 as soon as possible if there is an injury. You should not try to move an injured person.

3. Call the Police.

It’s a good idea to tell a police officer, a county sheriff, or theOregon Highway Patrol that you were involved in an accident.Call the police if you suspect an injury.The police will file an accident report. The officer’s accident report can help you later to remember facts,if you forget certainfacts about the accident. Get a copy of the report.

Give the police as well as the other driver your name and address and show them your driver’s license and your insurance card. You must do this to obeyOregon law.

4. Witnesses: Get names of any witnesses, as well as phone numbers, and addressesof the witnesses. Take pictures of the accident, & document as much as you can, draw pictures As later youmay forget.

5. If you were hurt in a car crash, it is important to be checked. See the doctors & Chiropractors at Oregon Medical Centers, located in Aloha - Hillsboro - Beaverton, Oregon. And also Salem- Keizer, Oregon.

Injuries from car accidents are our speciality. We have two locations to serve you. One in Salem, Oregon, and one in Aloha, Oregon. Phone numbers are: (503) 390-1552 in Salem, Oregon, and in Aloha, Oregon (503) 642-2845.

You may contact your lawyer, though, before talking to the officer about how the accident occurred. You should always talk to your lawyer before admitting guilt or responsibility for the accident.

You do not have to tell any person how you think the accident happened. You should not sign any papers at the scene, but, simply exchange information to the other driver (driver's license & insurance information), and give proper information to the police if they ask for it.

For any legal advise, always contact an attorney who handles personal injury/auto accident cases. For help for injuries for auto accidents contact the doctors at Oregon Medical Centers, pc. You should see a doctor right away if you suspect a spinal (neck or back)injury. You should also contact your auto insurance agent to let them know that you were in an auto accident.

December 09, 2010
Doctor Sunita Bhasin, Aloha & Salem, OR

Dr. Sunita Bhasin, D.C.

Dr. Bhasin grew up in Southern California and did her undergraduate work in pre-med at California State University Northridge, as well as Humboldt State University in California. Dr. Bhasin attended the University of Western States in Portland Oregon where she earned her Doctor of Chiropractic Degree. Dr. Bhasin has passed her National boards and her State Boards. Dr. Bhasin loves helping people and finds great joy helping injured people get out of pain and get their life back again. She has helped thousands of patients.