Chronic neck pain is a common complaint we hear from patients of all ages at Oregon Medical Centers. Neck pain not only hinders your work efficiency, but it can make many everyday tasks difficult to accomplish. Neck pain is most often caused by poor posture, stress, tension, strains, sports injuries, and car accident injuries. No matter the cause, you may obtain neck pain relief through chiropractic treatment. If you’re looking for an experienced neck pain chiropractor in the Salem or Aloha area, Dr. Sunita Bhasin has been diagnosing and treating patients since 1990. Our team of highly skilled professionals will formulate a treatment plan to alleviate any pain or discomfort you’re experiencing. Reach out today to schedule an appointment and learn how you can make your neck pain go away!
What Are Common Causes of Chronic Neck Pain?
Chronic neck pain is sometimes the result of a more severe health issue, such as osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, cancer, or meningitis. Many experience neck pain and discomfort after a slip-and-fall or auto accident. Herniated spinal discs, neck vertebrae bone spurs, or damage to your vertebrae, joints, or cartilage could also be to blame. Some of the most common causes of neck pain include:
• Whiplash and other soft tissue injuries
• Abrupt movements of the head
• Inflammation caused by disease
• Muscle tension due to poor posture
• Sleeping in an awkward position for your neck
• Neglecting proper stretching before physical activities
When you visit a chiropractor for neck pain treatment, they’ll likely take x-rays as part of the diagnostics process to determine the cause of your pain. Neck pain treatment may vary by person, depending on the severity of your pain and the specific issue. At Oregon Medical Centers, we may recommend a combination of chiropractic techniques for the most effective neck pain treatment for our Salem and Aloha patients. The most common chiropractic techniques used to treat neck pain include the following:
• Chiropractic Adjustments – A neck adjustment (also called cervical manipulation) may be done manually or using specialized chiropractic instruments. Chiropractic adjustments help realign the neck vertebrae, restoring your range of motion and relieving built-up pressure and tension.
• Spinal Manipulation – A chiropractor will manipulate the spine to restore proper alignment and reduce inflammation during spinal manipulation. Spinal manipulation helps relieve joint pressure and improve nerve function and is often used to treat neck, back, or shoulder pain.
• Massage Therapy – Massage therapy is beneficial for treating any type of pain because it stimulates your body’s natural healing capabilities. Chiropractic massage targets areas of muscular tension to help restore comfort and flexibility.
• Therapeutic Exercises & Stretching – Depending on the type of neck pain you’re experiencing, we may suggest therapeutic exercises and stretches to eliminate or prevent it. Daily neck stretching exercises may help relieve stiffness while restoring flexibility and range of motion.
Chiropractic treatment for neck pain involves addressing the underlying cause and not just masking the symptoms, making it more effective than pain medications for many people. Individuals who seek chiropractic care are more likely to obtain long-term relief without the need for surgery. Chiropractic adjustments help restore your body’s natural ability to heal itself. Benefits of chiropractic care include reduced pain, stress, tension, inflammation, and blood pressure while helping you improve your overall sense of balance. Whether you have minimal, moderate, or severe neck pain, we can customize your chiropractic treatment according to your specific needs and health goals.
Since 1990, Oregon Medical Centers has been helping people from all walks of life overcome many types of acute and chronic pain. Whether you have whiplash from a car accident or you suffer from herniated discs, osteoarthritis, sciatica, TMJ, pinched nerves, headaches, or peripheral neuropathy, we can help. Our highly skilled team cares about the wellness of every member of the family. As one of the region’s premier integrated healthcare clinics, we proudly provide chiropractic care, physical therapy, massage, and alternative medicine. Browse our patient testimonials to see how we’ve helped thousands of patients on their road to recovery over the past 30+ years. Our friendly, compassionate staff can answer questions, assist you with filling out paperwork, and more during your initial consultation with us.
If you’re seeking long-term neck pain relief, give the experienced Oregon Medical Centers team a call. Our neck chiropractors in Aloha and Salem would love to help you alleviate your pain and discomfort. Kick your chronic neck pain to the curb with our proven chiropractic adjustments, massage therapy, and more. Contact us to learn more about our integrated healthcare clinic or request an appointment today!