Each and every year, millions of Americans suffer from back pain that causes discomfort, making daily living difficult and strenuous. Our backs are used in almost every physical movement that we make throughout our day. From getting out of bed and walking to our cars, to sitting at our desks, our back muscles are constantly at work. Ensuring that your back is free of pain and discomfort is essential to living a normal life.
Back pain can be caused by numerous sources, some of the most common are:
- Natural aging
- Degenerative disc disease
- A herniated disk in the spinal cord
- Spinal nerve root pinch or compression
- Sprains and strains resulting from playing sports
- Work-related injuries, such as overexertion or extension