Neck Pain in Beaverton, OR : Diagnosing Your Symptoms
You may be experiencing neck pain and wonder whether or not all neck discomfort is the same. It’s not.
Neck pain can be accompanied by a long list of other complaints. The collection of symptoms provides a clue as to why you have neck pain. Here are some of the other symptoms that are commonly experienced with neck pain:
- Headache – This may happen because the meningeal lining of the brain has been irritated or because of trigger points within the muscles that end up referring pain in the head. Pinched nerves in the neck can also cause cervicogenic headache.
- Stiffness – Stiffness shows that the muscles are preventing movement so that no extra damage will take place to the fundamental structures of the cervical spine.
- Poor range of motion – Not being able to move your head to the left or right or to your shoulder is one of the causes of neck pain. This symptom implies that there is scar tissue or misaligned vertebrae in your neck.
- Eye pain or vision changes – This symptom indicates that injury to your neck is more than just a strained muscle or a sprain.
- Fatigue – Tiredness is another symptom that can indicate more serious health problems if it's combined with neck pain.
Your Beaverton, OR doctor of chiropractic, Dr. Bhasin, can help get to the root of your neck pain. If you live in Beaverton, OR , call us or use the "Contact Us" form for a consultation today!